Wednesday, October 20, 2010

And its only the first day.......

Well its only the first day, but for some reason there is alot to write about. Because of the egg man going through town yelling "HUEVOS, HUEVOS, HUEVOS" into a loud speaker, I got up at 6am. After some awesome prayer, Julie (who speaks AMAZING Spanish!) took me down to the community for her woman's exercising group. It was awesome and the relationship she has with the women  and their Ninos blows me away. After only a month! There was lots of little kids there, and one little girl named Kalin wanted me to paint her nails, take it off, paint them again, take it off....ect. for an hour! Needless to say, I now know my colors in Spanish pretty well. Rodney showed me the new iglesia (church) building that we are renting, which is sooo cute. Steve and Luis are working on painting that right now. The language is coming back to me better then I expected. Lots of people prayed that over me, and God is providing! I love it! The picture above I got right before we landed. The most astounding sunset I've ever seen.







As soon as this little girl came in La Casita, she snuggled right up to me. Julie says she is usually like this to everyone. She is the sweetest girl ever! And her sister! Sassy-pants Caty!  They are both so full of personality! Tonight at the Bible Study, I felt the language barrier come down even more. Hearing Rodney speak and then Julie translate helps alot because I could match the words up. I love this language already!

No comments:

Post a Comment