Friday, September 24, 2010

My Opponent

Hey again,
 wanted to say tonight that I am not feeling those same nudges anymore about "pursuing my own dreams, worrying only about my own life." I feel like this was definitely an attack from the evil one. Thank you for prayers.

"Be sober, vigilant, because your opponent the devil, as a roaring lion, doth walk about, seeking whom he may swallow up." (1 Peter 5:8) I love this version because it talks about the evil one being my opponent. EEEEK! Something about that excites me beyond words. I'm gonna kick his toosh! "whom resist, steadfast in the faith.... (1 Peter 5:9a)

Another one of those Eric Ludy CDs (I love them, if you cant tell already), talked about the word sober, how it means to be always alert and watchful, not letting anything dull your senses; anything worldly. (That to me is alot harder then it sounds.) Can you imagine if everyone on one side of the battlefield was drunk? Who would win? 

Well, must go to bed, super excited for the months ahead. I can't wait for this battle. :) :)

*Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment